Friday, April 17, 2009

Roasting tomatoes.

Speaking of healthy dishes, here is one that is very healthy and very rich and satisfying. I roast these and put them on top of steak or chicken. I also serve them as a side sometimes when I want something hot. I have also tossed them with pasta. You don't need ANYTHING but these tomatoes, pasta and maybe some Parmesan if you want. Some things are better plain and simple and not all 'ingrediented' up. Did I just make up a word? Anyway....

Roasted Tomatoes my way

2 pints grape tomatoes
EV Olive Oil
Kosher salt
Pepper
1-2 cloves garlic, minced - optional

Preheat oven to 400. Put tomatoes in baking dish and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until they start cracking. Before serving, toss with raw, minced garlic (if desired). Serve as a side, atop meat of choice, or tossed with pasta. You could even use this to top a toasted baguette for Bruschetta!



***I grabbed this image from somewhere else...so these tomatoes look more done than I like mine....but I don't have a picture of mine!

Most importantly, this is a dish you can play with. You can add capers, minced onion, the garlic that I mentioned, Parmesan, Feta....anything you want. Be creative!

3 comments:

  1. some additions: i roast mine with asparagus and a tiny bit of balsamic....YUMMY! and then sometimes serve on top of alfredo...WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I'm having these for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delish! Almost as good as the Roasted Brussel Sprouts. Might always roast ALL veggies for now on. Thanks! xoxox

    ReplyDelete