Monday, April 27, 2009

On the menu & my schedule for the week

Wednesday: Mexican fiesta for the teachers at the school. Our theme of the week is 'Cinco de Mayo' (since that is next week), so we thought we'd have a little Latin fun this week. On the menu is -

Taco Salad
Queso
Homemade Salsa and Chips
Bean and Corn Salsa (Terri is making this one)
Tortillas (it's a Texas thing, people eat them alone....like you would eat bread. Strange I know...I'm still getting used to it myself.)
Limeade
Sopapilla Bars
Warm Cinnamon Tortillas

Thursday: Lunch is here at my house. We are having this menu, except I am substituting pan sauteed chicken for the tuna. Also I am serving in the Edamame shelled. The teachers dont want to be eating with their hands I'm sure! I wanted to serve something fun and different that I don't think the teachers would cook for themselves at home. I am also having herb butter and rolls (no it doesn't go, but most people like bread). I am having White Wine and Sparkling Water for beverages. For dessert is a Lemon Curd Cheesecake. It is to die for. I made it this weekend to make sure it was what I wanted to make and we had it last night. DELISH!

Soooo, my schedule to pull all of this off is as follows.

Monday: Grocery shop. This in and of itself is a big job. My list is a MILE long! Also run to Hobby Lobby and pick up two more chargers.

Tuesday: Make salsa, Sopapilla Bars and chop and prepare veggies for salad Wednesday. Make Lemon cheesecake for Thursday, also, make tons and tons of lemon curd. **See below

Wednesday: Wake up at crack of dawn and prepare ground turkey for salad. Eden's 9 month check up at 9:30 and then I will go to school and prepare the lunch. All with Eden and Parker in tow! I will make the Queso there and get everything ready. I will share how I make my taco salad later. :) After lunch is done, I will come home and start preparing for the luncheon the next day. My table is already set (and looks great if I do say so myself). I will pound the chicken, make the sauce for the meal, leaving the cilantro out (it wilts). Put my little gift bags for the teachers together. It's nothing big, just something to give them as they leave. I will also have to make sure the house is perfect this day. The worst part of this day is that Mike will be out of town. ACK!! He has a meeting somewhere and is leaving Wednesday, coming home Thursday. The meeting couldn't have been held on a worse day for me!

Thursday: Do everything else. Run around like a chicken with my head cut off until 2:30 when the luncheon is over. Promptly down a bottle of wine.

Whew. This is tiring just typing it out. I better get off the computer and on to doing things. Wish me luck!

Oh, and here's a sneak peek......




Little gift for teachers. You really can make a mason jar cute, see? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Table looks AWESOME!! *warning - watch out for Gilly or Dennis the Menace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure wish I was there to be your sous chef!!!

    ReplyDelete