Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mango Salsa

I love Mango Salsa. I made it last night to go with my chicken so I thought I would come here and remind you all of how much you love it, too! You do love it, right? Don't tell me if you don't...I don't know if we can be friends anymore.

Mango Salsa

1 mango, diced
1/4 red onion, diced fine
1 jalapeno, diced and semi seeded (I only take about half the seeds out, you need some heat or it's too sweet!)
a small handful cilantro, chopped
A few T. lime juice
Salt & Pepper

That's it! No fats, no oils, no unhealthy crap. Just good for you goodness! If it is too spicy for you, you can temper it with some chopped avocado. I usually eat it with chicken or fish...and that tempers it enough for me. It is so pretty, so yummy and so good for you. I serve it as a side, but you can pile it right on top if you are serving it to someone. It is more attractive this way.

**You can also add come diced cucumber. I didn't because I didn't have any on hand, but it is a common ingredient in Mango Salsa. You could also add diced red bell pepper. This would be a pretty addition. :)

And, coming soon.......good for you (read: low cal) crab cakes with Mustard Sauce. I am making this tonight so I will post the recipe soon. Yummo!

(as you can probably tell, I swiped this image from food network b/c I don't have a picture) :)

3 comments:

  1. I want some when I come!!! OK??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve it - I often add mango to any salsa I make!!! Thank goodness we are still friends! Where is your Giada pasta with lemon oil? I was going to make it for Mu but can't find your post with suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy - I just hope you have some leftovers!!! See you tonight!! ;)

    ReplyDelete