Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My apologies

I am so sorry I haven't been posting much. It's just that in the summer I don't cook very much! We are always outside.....out and about, which means making fast meals at home. Certainly nothing exciting to blog about! Not to mention, who wants to stand in front of a hot stove when it is 103 degrees? *fans myself* It is H-O-T!!

Sooo, I will leave you this morning with a quick but delicious hors devours recipe....since summertime is full of parties!! I will take it out of my cookbook!

Shrimp and Corn Salsa (an old favorite!!)

1/4 C. fresh lemon juice
1/4 C. sour cream
1/4 C. mayo
1/4 C. fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. cumin
1/2 t. cayenne pepper
3/4 lb. medium cooked shrimp, peeled and chopped
1, 15 1/4 oz. can corn, drained
1/3 C. red onion, finely chopped

Whisk first 7 ingredients together in a large bowl. Stir in shrimp, corn and onion. Refrigerate. Serve with Fritos Scoops or Belgian Endive leaves.

Like I said....it's an oldie but a goodie!! Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you're back!! SOOOOO tired of looking at cupcakes :-) Ebbs left yesterday and last night I was drinking wine in Paradise and tearing up! We had a ball. Kirk wants her back full time to cook for him!!!!

    ReplyDelete